To safeguard your health and allow you to still receive a top-quality acupuncture treatment tailored to your unique situation and needs, Energetic Medicine has put in place new policies and procedures following the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and Washington State Department of Health recommendations to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
In Preparation for Your Appointment
- Please reschedule your appointment if you have new symptoms associated with COVID-19, have traveled domestically or internationally to high-risk COVID-19 areas within the past 14 days, or if you have come in contact with anyone who is sick with COVID-19.
- Please take your temperature prior to your appointment to ensure it is below 100.4°F.
- It is good idea to use the restroom and replenish fluids prior to coming to your appointment.
- Wear comfortable and loose-fitting clothing and remember to wear a face mask that properly covers your nose and mouth.
- Please minimize the amount of belongings you bring into the office.
- If you have a payment due at the time of your appointment, please provide credit card information prior to your appointment over the phone or email to minimize time in the office (your card will be processed after your appointment).
- Schedule follow-up appointments in advance via phone or email according to recommended treatment plan to minimize time in the office.
At the Time of Your Appointment
- The entrance door will be locked and then opened at the time of your appointment, or sooner if the office is ready for your arrival.
- You will be screened at the entrance for exposure risk and symptoms.
- You will be required to wear face masks—as I will be doing—that properly cover your nose and mouth while in the office during the entirety of your appointment.
- Your temperature will be taken at entrance.
- You will be required to sanitize your hands once you enter the office.
- Physical distancing will always be adhered to, except when necessary during your treatment.
Cleaning, Disinfecting, and other Precautions Taken in the Office to Minimize Risk
- Most cloth items and decorations have been removed from the clinic. This includes waiting room chairs, treatment room chairs, magazines, books, decorations, water and tea station, sheets, and bed padding.
- Surface areas, counter-tops, handles, doors, treatment tables, areas for personal belongings including walls and hooks will be sanitized after each use with EPA-recommended products for disinfecting COVID-19.
- Treatment tables will be bare (or covered in a plastic covering) so that they can be fully disinfected, cleaned, and wiped after each use. Tables will be covered with paper which will be carefully discarded after use. All pillows will have a vinyl plastic covering which will be disinfected after each use and covered with a clean pillowcase used just for you.
- Each treatment room will undergo a full round of air circulation between patients to fully replenish the air in the treatment room with fresh air from the outside. The in-line moxa fans in all the treatment rooms suck out the air from the room while a separate fresh air intake replenishes the air with air from the outside.
- Susie will wear scrubs and/or a lab coat and shoes exclusively in the office, which will be washed daily at a minimum.
- Susie will wash and sanitize her hands throughout the day, including prior to each treatment and she will wear a fresh pair of gloves during each treatment.
- Each treatment room will have a designated sanitized area for you to put your belongings during the treatment.
As always, your health and safety is top-priority. We look forward to continuing to provide you with excellent service in a safe and secure environment. Please reach out to schedule an appointment or if you have any questions or concerns.